Friday, November 17, 2006

why tax me????

CRAP...

When I received a letter from the mainland tax and revenue office last week saying that I will be given a tax code and tat they will tax 22% of my salary...I was so afraid that it will happen....

Today, just received my salary...and my fears had been confirmed....

I WAS TAXED!!!! I have no idea why...Janice and Lynda were not taxed...

The only reason I can think of why I m being taxed is that I previously had two part-time jobs and they must have thought that I overworked the 20 hours limit. So, they implemented the tax code thingy on me!!! CRAP!!!

£30 gone!!! which means in a month, I lose £60!! Plus I dunno if I can claim back the tax or not...

crap!!

I better start looking for a new cleaning job, hopefully I can find one in the student union.....if working for the university, rather than for a company, I have less chances of being taxed...

Plus, I dun think my supervisor knows how to help me get back the tax....so I will probably pull thru till april and see if I can claim the tax...if can't, die la...all the money...
Have seen my supervisor unable to help the rest of my friends before with their tax...I believe that I will fall into the same fate...

One thing I have not said is that after lying to my head chef regarding my placement, I went back and gave them the uniform. The head chef made me promise her that I will come back to work after my 'placement' ends in 'early december'. She even winked to Lynda as a sign that I have promised and that Lynda is witnessed to the whole incident. The head chef even said that she will retain my information in yo sushi computer system so that I can come back and work in december. So, I told the head chef tat IF I do come back, I will call her in early december...

Right now, I am still in a dilemna on whether I should go back to yo sushi or not...

Maybe I will go back....

and if the cleaning job is pointless, as in I cannot get back my tax in april, then I will quit and continue with yo sushi (if not taxed) alone....cuz I believe I can adjust my shifts during exams...
and it's not worth working for cleaning when u cannot claim back £60 tax that is imposed every month....which means 6 months = £360 lost!!!

Right now, I am hoping to keep the job which has no tax....cuz tax is stupidly troublesome and hard to claim back!!

Of all the people I know, people who are being taxed, like Melvin and Meishun etc...they all said they have been taxed before but they could not be bothered claiming back because it's HARD to get it back + too MUCH trouble in getting back the tax...
I know of none who actually got back their tax...

even my china friend last time tried to claim her tax by going all the way to tax council....yet she failed to stop the tax from being deducted...
Another girl from poland who is working in the cleaning company now said that she was taxed initially and she tried for MORE THAN A YEAR before she actually managed to stop herself from being taxed + claim back her tax!!

I will probably only work in the cleaning company until september only!!

Plus they did not let me fill in the p45 form which enables us to get back the tax if we leave the company one day!! CRAP!!

I will look for the better alternative right now...Lord, give me insight....why on earth did u throw me into such a situation?!?!?

Maybe God is telling me that I should go back to Yo sushi....

aihhhh...

See how things goes...but I intend to remain in the cleaning company till april and see what happens..

signing off..
1.35pm...
why tax me????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home