Sunday, August 20, 2006

working in Yo! Sushi..

Talking about laziness...it has struck me down...haha...even blogging is so hard now...LOLSSS...

Feeling very tired now...Had to wake up at 8.30am this morning to go for a trial at Yo! sushi which is at the top floor of Harvey nichols.

I had literally been walking the whole day...walk to harvey nichols...made maki(sushi) for 3 hours...Thank God for Val who taught me how to make maki a few weeks ago...if it wasn't becuz of her, I may have been quite stuck today.
I made 6 kinds of maki...avogadro maki, salmon maki, tuna maki, asparagus maki, yellow melon(???) maki and cucumber maki. Not only that we have to memorise the colour of the plates and I got mixed up once...LOlsss...
Also learnt how to cook rice....

When I arrived, I was kinda praying that I will someone I know before I enter the building...cuz it was early and we have to enter thru the back of the building using a password which Val has told me earlier...

WOW...who knows I met Tom...he is one of the chefs of Yo! Sushi....Val introduced me to him two days ago when we went to Yo! Sushi..

Met the head chef and gosh..I think she is either a scottish or an Irish..cuz her accent is really hard to understand....

One incident was that I made the maki and after placing them in small plates, she told me to go around and put the maki on the conveyor belt...

I couldn't understand what she was saying. So I just stood in front of the converyor belt and put when I see empty spaces..

Then she bellowed :" DON'T JUST STAND THERE....MOVE AROUND AND PUT THE MAKI ON THE CONVEYOR BELT.."

I was like...''OOOO...so that's what u meant....haiyah...''

So had to quickly rush about doin stuff..

Earlier on before starting, she told me that I am on trial and am not allowed to eat anything...

Somehow, after the 3 hours trial, she told me to take a break...
and she said I could eat 5 dishes except cake!!! WOW!!! and she added saying that she will speak to me after I eat finish..

That is an indication that I had passed my trial and that I could work at Yo! Sushi!

So, I ate 2 dishes off the conveyor belt! Sashimi...tuna and salmon sashimi...so yummy man...
and also tempura pumpkin + fried rice...
then a little fruit dessert...

After eating, she told me that she was very happy with the maki I made and she said that she will check her rota and give me the shifts that she wants me to work...*GRINS* she said she will call me in 2 days....haha

I am finally working in Yo! Sushi....after such such such long of waiting....

Get to eat yummy food too!!!

hehe...

signing off..
12.35am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home